Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Letter to John Key 1st wish list

Dear John

You will soon be at the top of our country and be the most powerful. As one of the weakest members of this society I put a proposal to you and here's hoping you read it. Short of having Asylums which gave some sort of protection to the mentally ill can we please have benefits that actually do recognise the C.P.I. And can we introduce work schemes that actually reward people for making an effort. I see the minimum wage as too low and the top earners as being too high. Most pointedly I see a need for actively employing the mentally ill so that they may feel part of the community. At the moment we offer work to the intellectually disabled and not the mentally disabled. To neglect these people and leave them with time on their hands is dangerous because people with time on their hands and no hope get into all sorts of trouble. When I did have work the work was a doddle but what I could not cope with was the hostility that still prevails in our society towards the mentally ill. I'm sick of taking pills to cope with this hostility and think that you should make a more user friendly environment for the mentally ill. I have spent most of my adult life training to get into the workforce and easily achieving every goal I set out to achieve but the only work I could get was part time on the minimum wage. Only an idiot could see the incentive. A lot of these "nutters" that our society is so hostile towards are actually extremely clever people trying to kid themselves that they have a reason to live when society shuns them. That teacher on T.V. is a glowing success story but few of us have significant support.

Anyway


God Bless

With you and Obama in office I'm really hoping that the 21st Century will be a better one for the meek.

Oh and can we have a Legal System that protects the weak and the meek as well!




Sincerely Iris

No comments: